Regarding the usage instruction of electronic devices
Using electronic devices in flight which are stated by Japanese authority (MLIT) are strictly prohibited by the Act. If you use those devices, the act may be assessed a penalty of not more than 500,000 JPY. Also, please refrain from calling on the mobile phone on your flight because that action will disturb the other passengers.
Major changes after 1 September, 2014
- Electronic devices which emit radio waves to outside the aircraft → Usable after flight attendant(FA) announcement of completion taxiing after landing
- Electronic devices which do not emit radio waves to outside the aircraft (cell/smart phones which are set to Airplane mode etc.) → Always Usable
・Devices such as mobile Wi-Fi routers and public wireless LAN systems that communicate by radio waves to outside the aircraft cannot be used.
Transceivers / Radio-controlled toys / Wireless microphones
②Devices which do not emit radio waves to outside the aircraft or are set to Airplane mode
i.e. The following devices which do not emit or are set to not emit radio waves.
Cell/Smart phones / Tablets / Electronic games / Personal computers (PC) / Pocket pagers / Video cameras / VIdeo players / DVD players / Digital cameras / Digital audio players / Wireless headphones / Wired headphones (Battery-operated) / Digital assistances / Digital dictionaries / Batteries etc.
Before closing door of the airplane, please set your device setting to not emit radio waves. This means that the condition of that you cannot call and send/receive emails or messages when you turn on your device.
All cell/smart phones and PHSs emit radio waves automatically to send their position to the ground when the power is turned on.
It is possible to stop the emission of radio waves even when the power is turned on by switching the cell/smart phone to "Airplane mode". The name of this mode may differ depending on the manufacturer of the cell/smart phone (i.e. "Airplane", "Flight", "Offline", etc.). When set in those mode, the following functions will be disable and radio waves will not be emitted:
- Phone calls, email, text messaging, etc.
- Wireless LAN functions (email, internet, etc.)
- Bluetooth functions (To confirm various setting, please contact to your mobile carriers.)
Manner/Silent mode is differ from Aiprplane mode. Manner/Silent mode is just the setting of ringatones and vibrations. The indication of "No Service" on your display is the condition of emitting radio waves.
※ Please set your devices to not emit radio waves or turn your devices off after the doors of the aircraft have closed for departure.
- The use of electronic devices may still be prohibited at any time for safety reasons if the pilot determines that their usage will interfere with flight operations. Your kind understanding will be appreciated.
- Vanilla Air may restrict the usage of electronic devices other than those listed and our flight attendant(FA)s may ask for your cooperation.
- If passengers using medical equipment such as pacemakers are seated nearby, you may be asked to refrain from using electronic devices.
- When our FAs demonstrate the safety instructions, please stop using electronic devices and pay attention to our FAs. Please also pay attention to other safety-related instructions by our FAs.
- Please store your electronic devices under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment so that they will not obstruct evacuation in case of an emergency.
- When the aircraft taxi/take off/land, we will ask you to store your devices to the place which will not obstruct evacuation in case of an emergency except for wearable ones such as cell/smart phones.
- Only items which are lighter than or equal to 1kg in total and not obstruct evacuation in case of an emergency are allowed to store into the seat pocket.
- Please use your cell/smart phones, electronic games and DVD players etc., with consideration for other passengers on board.
- The use of smoking devices such as “E-cigarette” is also prohibited as it may interrupt other passengers’ comfort.