Lost, Delayed or Damaged Baggage
I lost my bag in the cabin... I can't find my baggage...
We support such troubleshooting.
Vanilla Air strives to handle each baggage with care, However due to weather and airport facilities, it may become damaged or can not be delivered to the destination. If this situation occurs, we will respond with sincerity in order to resolve the problem.
In the Cabin
-Please call to our Reservation Center, if you lost in the cabin.
-We will report you within 24 hours once we find your baggages.
-After certain period of time, lost baggages will forward to the Police.
We will require the travel date and flight numbers, so please prepare them before call.
Japan Domestic Call Only (English/Japanese)
9:00-18:00 (GMT+9) Everyday
(International call charge will be applied)
Mon.-Fri. 10:00-19:00 (GMT+9)
At the Airport
-For losts at the airport, please kindly contact each airports.
Please kindly notify our staffs, if your baggage are not delivered.
Left behind and Missing Baggage
All baggage must be picked up by each passenger confirming the numbers on the baggage claim tags after arrival. If you leave the airport without taking your baggage or picking up someone's baggage by mistake, please contact Vanilla Air staff at your arrival airport immediately.
- Your baggage will be delivered to the designated location.
- If you pick up someone's baggage by mistake, please send it after contacting Vanilla Air staff at your arrival airport.
- Please note that the delivery cost will be charged to the passenger.
- For international flights, please note that if we need to storage the baggage, we will charge you storage fee.
Following are airline's discharge:
- Damage to the baggage caused by heavy weight or over-packing
- Damage caused by defects in the baggage itself such as from normal wear or tear, loss or damage to protruding parts such as detachable wheels/straps/hooks/name tags/belts or other attached items
- Minor damage such as scratches/scuffs/dents/cuts/dirt
- Damage caused by safety inspection of each country such as TSA(Transport Security Administration) Inspection.
If you feel your baggage was damaged during a flight, declare to our staff immediately after arrival. Please note that no compensation for damages will be given if we cannot confirm that the damage to the baggage occurred whenever it was under the control of the airline company.
If you find the damage of your baggage, you need to report your claim within 7days from the next day of pickup baggage which are written on our conditions of carriage and any laws mentioned airline legal responsibility. After that period, we cannot accept any claims.
If there is no declarations, we presumed that the baggage is good condition and handed over in accordance with Conditions of Carriage.
In addition, we will liability according to the Conditions of Carriage.
Domestic：The maximum amount of indemnity for carry-on baggage/cargo hold baggage whose value has not been declared in advance is limited to a maximum of JPY 150,000 per person.If the actual value of the items lost or damaged should exceed JPY 150,000.
International：There is maximum amount of compensation. Please check our Conditions of Carriage.